Tomrods Ltd is committed to pursuing excellence in everything it does and this includes the management of health & safety.
Tomrods Ltd will take all reasonably practicable precautions to ensure the Health & Safety at work of its employees whether at the Company premises or when carrying out its business elsewhere and also recognises that a duty of care extends to other persons whilst they are on Company premises.
The responsibility for safety at work belongs to all Company employees be they upper management, junior management or operatives and to employees of contractors variously employed. The Company through its employees also accepts responsibility for the Health & Safety of others affected by its actions.
To achieve these aims the Company will:
• Provide a safe working environment in the operation and maintenance of all equipment, and facilities.
• Establish safe systems of work.
• Ensure that all persons are competent to perform the duties expected of them.
• Provide information, instruction, training, and supervision where appropriate.
• Co-operate with their clients, employees, sub-contractors and others with an interest in Health & Safety.
• Determine safe arrangements for the use, handling, storage, and transportation of articles and substances.
• Provide a safe place of work including access to it and egress from it.
The Company expects employees to conform to this policy and with The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to exercise all reasonable care for their own Health & Safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
This policy and the way it has operated will be reviewed annually to reflect any changes in the nature and size of the business or new or amended legislation.
The Company Directors have ultimate authority and responsibility in relation to all Health & Safety topics affecting The Company.